Translate

Friday, December 7, 2012

DESOLATION TO PERFECTION

DESOLATION TO PERFECTION

For though the fig tree shall not blossom, Neither shall fruit be in the vines; The labor of the olive shall fail, And the fields shall yield no meat; The flock shall be cut off from the fold, And there shall be no herd in the stalls; Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. HABAKKUK 3:17-18

Try to imagine the most destitute of conditions surrounding you and nothing is positive. Nothing in the future other than desolation. The fig tree shall not blossom, Neither shall fruit be in the vines; The labor of the olive shall fail, And the fields shall yield no meat; The flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls. Things are real dismal.
But Habakkuk knows His God as Creator, Redeemer Who is sovereign. And God knows much more than Habakkuk. And obviously He has some capabilities that Habakkuk hasn't experienced.
Some people never talk with God nor search His book for meaning and answers until the ship is sinking. Not knowing God very well, they have no knowledge of His ability to instantly create wine directly from water; for raising a man from a grave he has been in for 4 days. Not that He still does those things today.
But consider this. Could He make you to end up perfect when He returns to this earth? It takes faith to believe that and Habakkuk possessed faith like that before Christ even came to this earth. That His God could turn desolation into perfection.
Since Habakkuk, Christ came and left and is coming back. Now it is our turn to exhibit faith that Habakkuk possessed before He set foot on this earth. And I know I am headed to perfection because He said so.
Beloved, now I am the son of God, and it doth not yet appear what I shall be: but I know that, when He shall appear, I shall be like him; for I shall see him as he is.
See my blog article SEE HIM AS HE IS. Do you have that same faith?

No comments:

Post a Comment