Translate

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

SHEOL-THE GRAVE

Sheol
Psa. 22:1 “To the chief Musician upon Aijeleth Shahar, A Psalm of David. My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?”



Men make their own hell by living a life developing lusts that they attempt to satisfy while in their body. But something happens at death (separation) where their body is left behind. The problem is they still possess their desires that it took years to develop. Sheol is the place where there are requests and demands but no vehicle to satisfy the demand or the request. The root of the word is to request, to demand. Sheol is the land of darkness, where perpetual demands are made and never answered. Forever is a long time.
The agony of the insatiable longing which has no answer [Psalms 116:3] Seen in the statements in Psalms 22:1; Luke 16:23.

Psa. 116:3 “The sorrows of death compassed me, and the pains of hell gat hold upon me: I found trouble and sorrow.”

Luke 16:23 “And in hell (sheol) he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.”

No comments:

Post a Comment