Translate

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

DIFFERENT NATURES (HIM & I)

DIFFERENT NATURES


Our relationship to the Father as to Christ’s relationship is different.


John 20:16-17 “Jesus said to her, "Mary!" She turned and said to Him in Hebrew, "Rabboni!" (which means, Teacher ). Jesus said to her, "Stop clinging to Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to My brethren and say to them,`I ascend to My Father and your Father , and My God and your God."

Note He does not say “Our Father” or “Our God.” The relation of the born-again children of God to the heavenly Father will always be different from that of the only begotten Son of God to the Father.

He always revealed a clear distinction between His relationship to His Father and ours as when He taught the disciples on prayer.

He never prayed with the disciples in unison to "our" Father. Cf. Matthew 6:8-9.  8 "So do not be like them; for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him. (So you pray to Him this way)  9 "Pray, then, in this way: Our Father who is in heaven, Hallowed be Your name." 

No comments:

Post a Comment