Translate

Friday, January 18, 2013

ARE YOU IN HIDING?

Where art thou?

Gen. 3:9 “And Jehovah God called unto the man, and said unto him, Where art thou?"


Adam and Eve were only given one prohibition. There was no other woman or man for adultery, no reason to lie, no need to steal, etc.
Only one wrong they could do and they did it. But they took it one step further. Adam after sinking to following the lead of his wife at that point should have done as David in Psalm 51 and cried out as Paul figured out also, "O wretched man that I am, be gracious to me, O God, according to Thy lovingkindness; according to the greatness of Thy compassion blot out my transgression, Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, And cleanse me from my sin."
But instead both of them hid. And as the NT agrees, no one seeks for God, He had to make the movement to search for them although He knew already all that had transpired and seeks for three answers from Adam. Having not reached out to God, God reached out to them. Having not asked, my God where art Thou, but instead God asked, Adam where art thou?
All of Adam's children have all done the same. Where art thou is still the relevant question today. Is God asking you the same question, reaching out to you since you haven't asked where He is? What is your answer?

No comments:

Post a Comment