Translate

Saturday, November 24, 2012

TO ME TO LIVE IS....

To Me To live


Paul's marvelous unfolding of the doctrine and scheme of redemption is condensed and expressed in these simplest of words. "To me to live is Christ." Phil 1:21
To take that estimate and meditate upon it, there are seven possible meanings intended.
1. "To me to live at all is Christ." He is the author of my life.
2. "To me to continue to live is Christ." He is the sustainer of my life.
3. "The conditions in which I live my life are summed up in Christ." He is the law of my life.
4. "To me to live is to reproduce Christ." Christ is the product of my life.
5. "To me to live is to be swept along under the compassion of the Christ."
Christ is the impulse of my life.
6. "To me to live is to lead men to Christ." Christ is the aim and influence of my life.
7. "To me to live is at last to be what He is, and to find the crowning of all my manhood in Him." Christ is the finisher, the crown of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment