Translate

Thursday, November 22, 2012

JESUS CONFESSES HE IS THE I AM

JESUS confesses He is the I AM



Jesus used everyday symbols
"I have manifested Thy name” John 17:6, 26
"…the Father, He has explained Him” John 1:18b
"I have come in My Father's name” John 5:43
Moses was told of this name God gave to Himself in Exod. 3:14 "I AM Who I AM" the Ever-present One.
Jesus in the New Testament says this concerning Himself: 
I am He (John 4:25-26)
…The Bread of Life (John 6:20, 35, 48, 51) the very bread of life to man.
…The Light of the world (John 8:12; 9:5) the illumination of man's life and pathway.
…The Door (John 10:7, 9) the safety of His people.
…The Good Shepherd (John 10:11, 14) the Love that cares for His people.
…The Resurrection (John 11:25) the power by which men shall come to the consummation of purpose, and that in spite of the tragedy of death which results from their sin.
…The Way, the Truth and the Life (John 14:6) the very pathway or course in which men shall proceed in order to fulfill their purpose.
…The True Vine (John 15:1, 5) God Himself in intimate association with men, making their ministry, perfecting them, and enabling them to fulfill their purpose.

I am come in My Father's name (John 5:43)
I am the Son of God (John 10:36)
I am He (John 18:5)

        God is holy, true, and love. God possesses those attributes which describe what He is in relationship to Himself for He is eternal and also self-existent. But these attributes affect His relationship to others. That is, because God is holy in Himself, He is righteous in relation to others; because He is true in Himself, He is faithful in relation to others; because He is love in Himself, He is merciful in relation to others. Jesus displayed all these attributes to mankind.

No comments:

Post a Comment