Translate

Thursday, November 29, 2012

MINISTRY OF THE WORD

Hopelessness
Truth being found only in The Word ministered by the Holy Spirit is a very valuable entity.



Paul wrote in Romans: For the good that I wish, I do not do; but I practice the very evil that I do not wish.
For that which I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate. 7:18-19

There is hopelessness in mankind that can only be touched by one method.
This hopelessness is caused by 2 things:
1.     awful power of sin
2.     appalling corruption of mankind
Men desire truth but end up yielding to a lie.
·           endeavor goodness, but are unequal to its realization
·           mankind has a persistent paralysis
·           mankind also has an abiding bondage
There has been no answer brought about by man's
·           philosophy
·           scientific findings
·           governmental oversight whether individual, social, national, international
Paul teaches us that the human spirit is the root of the solution and can only be reached by what Luke wrote in Acts 6:4
·           The "ministry of the Word"
This phrase has at its inception the coming of the Holy Spirit to indwell men which gives them:
·                   increased immeasurable power that changes through touching the essential things of the human soul:
1.             aided wisdom
2.             knowledge that brings rest because of an illumined mind
3.             rest in the midst of unsolved problems
The "Ministry of the Word" produces effects upon human conditions.
        It gives us "Christ's philosophy."
        It introduces new elements that human philosophy cannot ignore.
        It introduces freedom for true scientific activity and discovery.
        It touches the human spirit to release it from bondage and protect it from further hopelessness.

No comments:

Post a Comment