Translate

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

GLORY AND HONOR

Glory & Honor



"We see Him crowned with glory and honor, that by the grace of God that He could taste death for every man."
Heb. 2:9
That is an involved and mystic sentence, reading many ways, and offering many lines of thought. Its simplest meaning is that He was crowned with glory and honor in order that He might die. Access it well, the highest crown upon the brow of Jesus was the crown of thorns; the highest dignity and glory which God conferred upon Him was the glory of dying for others. In the great intercessory prayer in John 17:1, He said, "Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son." In those words He asked for the consummation of His life in sacrifice. He prayed also for restoration to the glory which He had come forth from, but He prayed first for the immediate glory and dignity and splendor, of the right to die for men. "No man taketh his life for me, I lay it down of Myself; and if I lay it down, I will take it again. This commandment I received of my Father, and therefore my Father loveth me because I lay down my life for the world." He was crowned with glory and honor that He might die. His supreme glory was the glory of the cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment