Translate

Friday, November 23, 2012

KOINONIA-FELLOWSHIP

Koinonia


Fellowship of the highest level when one is not only the host but also the guest.
"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If any man hear My voice and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him." Rev. 3:20

THE KING AT THE DOOR. Taking the prior introduction of John into consideration in the first chapters of Revelation, the One Who stands at the door and knocks is the Creator, the King, the Lawgiver, the Judge; but He is the Redeemer also, for He says, “I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever more and I have the keys of death and of hades.”

Hospitality can only be rendered to Jesus by those who are also His guests. If I would be His host, I must also be His guest.
I must accept His hospitality. I will be his Guest; and he shall accept My hospitality, I will be His host, he shall sup with Me.
That is perfect idea of fellowship with Him. First, we must be His guests. Then we can be His hosts.
Home of Mary, Martha, and Lazarus. Cleopas and the other man invited Him as their Guest, He at once assumed the attitude of the Host, sitting with them took bread, gave thanks, and brake it.

No comments:

Post a Comment