Translate

Thursday, June 11, 2015

THE SEVERAL TEMPORAL JUDGMENTS OF HUMAN HISTORY

THE SEVERAL TEMPORAL JUDGMENTS OF HUMAN HISTORY



1. There are two kinds of judgment carried on by the Lord: TEMPORAL JUDGMENT AND FINAL JUDGMENT.


2. Final judgments are complete within themselves and they endure.
They are referred to as eternal judgments because the revelation, evaluation, and administration of judgment last forever. Heb. 6:2"Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment."
Eternal Judgment (In N.T. judgment is past - John 16:11)
"Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged."

They are referred to as final judgments because they take place at the end of the age. John 12:48
"He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day."
3. The temporal judgments are those divine operations that serve a specific purpose at the time they occur. These judgments may be repeated for individuals or groups of individuals, and these judgments do preclude final judgment on the same individuals or groups of individuals.

 Gen. 15:14 That nations, whom they serve will I judge.
"And also that nation, whom they shall serve, will I judge: and afterward shall they come out with great substance."

Gen. 30:6 And Rachel said, God hath judged me.
"And Rachel said, God hath judged me, and hath also heard my voice, and hath given me a son: therefore called she his name Dan."

Exo. 12:12 Against all the Gods of Egypt will I execute judgment.
"For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I am the LORD."

Deut. 32:36 For the Lord shall judge his people.
"For the LORD shall judge his people, and repent himself for his servants, when he seeth that their power is gone, and there is none shut up, or left."

4. In this area of judgment it is obvious that there are multiplied numbers of judgments. I shall call your attention to four representative judgments:
Nations, persons, churches, and Christians. (See following articles)

No comments:

Post a Comment