Translate

Sunday, July 5, 2015

THE RECOMPENSE RESULTING FROM THE JUDGMENT OF ISRAEL

THE RECOMPENSE RESULTING FROM THE JUDGMENT OF ISRAEL

  •  There will be Retribution upon the Wicked in Israel. Matt. 25:24-30
"Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not scattered any seed: And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine. His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not scattered any seed: Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury. Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents. For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath. And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth."
As to moral condition, they are rotten at heart.
Matt. 25:26 "wicked"
As to mental conclusions, he was erroneous.
Matt. 25:24-25 Knew the Lord was hard and austere.
 As to the measure of conduct, he was slothful (vs. 26) and unprofitable (vs. 30).
"...'You wicked, lazy slave, you knew that I reap where I did not sow, and gather where I scattered no seed."
""And cast out the worthless slave into the outer darkness; in that place there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth."
As to the retribution that falls upon him - He is cast into outer darkness - expulsion from all light.
Weeping - remorse at the loss of all that is good.
Gnashing of teeth, violent and confirmed hatred. Thinking he did not deserve this punishment as in Matt. 7:22-23.
"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."
  • There will be Reward for the Righteous in Israel. Matt. 25:19-23
"After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them. And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more. His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord. He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them. His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord."
This will be in proportion to merit. Five talent man made ruler over many things (vs. 21) and the same for the two talent man (vs. 23). And they enter the joy of the Lord.
"His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord."
"His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord."
 
By their conduct they displayed ‑
1. Their moral condition - good
2. Their mental conclusions - the Lord was good.
3. Their measure of conduct - faithful, profitable.
  • There will be Recognition of High Function they have Served. Dan. 12:3
"And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever."
Wisdom will be exhibited like the brightness of the firmament.
Conversion will constitute them as luminaries like stars shining forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment