Translate

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

CHRIST'S DEITY VERIFIED IN CHRISTIAN HISTORY AND EXPERIENCE

THE BIBLICAL TRUTH OF OUR LORD'S DEITY VERIFIED IN CHRISTIAN HISTORY AND EXPERIENCE
 
 
 
 
Might Seem to lie Outside the Scope of Bible doctrine, but the Word Suggests That we may Find Such a Verification

The Verification in Christian History
  • The Building of the Church (Matt. 16:18) "And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."
  • The Life of the Church (Matt. 28:20) "Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."
The Verification in Christian Experience
Note Various Ways in Which Christian Experience has Expressed Itself:
  • Deity of Christ is found in Christian Worship: (cf. Liddon, 404-406)
  • Also in Christian Hymns: (cf. Letter of younger Pliny to Trajan --Liddon 399)
  • Also in Christian Prayer: (Liddon 397, 407 ff.)
  • Also in Christian Suffering: (Acts 7:59, Liddon 406-408) "And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit."
  • Also in Christian Testimony: (Phil. 4:13; 2 Tim. 1:12) "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." "For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day."

No comments:

Post a Comment