Translate

Sunday, June 8, 2014

DYNAMIC FOR THE PHILADELPHIA CHURCH

The Dynamic for the Philadelphia Church
"Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name."



The Overcomer will Receive Prominence in the Temple of God
"A pillar in the temple of my God."

This refers to some prominent position for which the struggles of earth have prepared him. And this position will be permanent.

The Overcomer will Receive Likeness to the Nature of God
"I will write upon him the name of my God."

Name refers to nature or likeness. Then shall the believer wear the name that clearly indicates the divine nature within, a nature which has now been developed to its fullness. Cf. 1 John 3:2
"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is."

The Overcomer will Receive Citizenship in the City of God
"And the name of the city of my God, which is the new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God."

This means he will possess all the rights, freedom, access, and participation in this city that belongs to one who rightly is a citizen in it.

The Overcomer will Receive Joint Honors with Christ
"And my new name." cf. 19:12, 13, 16

Then shall the believer as overcomer share with Christ in all that He has gained by His victory. Perfect oneness will then be experienced between Christ and His own.
"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is."

No comments:

Post a Comment