Translate

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

THE SOURCE OF REVELATION

The Source of Revelation

The Ultimate source is God the Father.
"God gave" (O Theos)

John 5:19, 20 "Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise." "For the Father loveth the Son, and showeth him all things that himself doeth: and he will show him greater works than these, that ye may marvel."
 John 7:16 "Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me."
 John 8:28 (Best) "Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things."
 John 12:48 "He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day."
+ The Mediating source is the Lord Jesus Christ.
"unto him" and he shows to the world.

Christ is the Great Revealer - Rev. 22:16 "I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star."
 As Mediator, God always speaks through His Son (Heb. 1:2). The Subjective Genitive comes to bear here. "Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;"
 God gave unto Him so that it became His revelation. The Immediate source is the angel. "By his angel" (cf. Acts 7:53, Gal. 3:19, Heb. 2:2, Deut. 33:2). "Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it." "Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator." "For if the word spoken by angels was stedfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompense of reward;" "And he said, The LORD came from Sinai, and rose up from Seir unto them; he shined forth from mount Paran, and he came with ten thousands of saints: from his right hand went a fiery law for them."

Since important messages were often conveyed by the agency of angels, this one also. This is Christ's angel (Rev. 22:16). "I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star."

No comments:

Post a Comment