Translate

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

STANDING IN GLORY

STANDING IN GLORY

“Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy.”  Jude 24


blameless with great joy See 1 John 3:2, Rom. 8:29; Matt. 5:48.
If by God's grace I stand in the light by and by-and by God's grace I shall-how shall I stand there? Not merely because He pardons sin. That is so, or I never could stand there. How, then, shall I stand there? First, because He pardons sin; and, secondly, because He makes me perfect. No one will misunderstand me. I speak not as though "I have already obtained, or am already made perfect." (Phil. 3:12) The work is not yet done. My patient, tender Lord has much to do, but He will do it. He "will perfect that which concerneth me." (Phil. 1:6) Jesus Christ is not proposing to lead into the courts of heaven an army of crippled men and women, a bunch of second-class citizens. He is not proposing to bring back to God's dwelling place vast companies of incompetent spiritual beings. What, then, is He going to do? Let inspiration tell us. He will "set you before the presence of His glory without blemish in exceeding joy." (Jude 24) This is what the Spirit says to a weary world about righteousness. Have the true pattern and see it in Jesus. Have the power, and have it in Him.
Transfigured. Christ's mission was to proclaim the possibility of salvation of the most unfit. There is no room in the Kingdom of God for unfit men. But His mission is to take the unfit, and make them fit. And He is able. The "glory of God" is defined in John 11:40 when associated with vss. 25-26. The N.T. usage has its meaning not in my opinion but finds its meaning in "reflection or image." The realization of the purpose of His love in all that His hands have made. The glory of God is a sinner raised out of a dead state and renewed to life because of a previous promise (John 11:40). God is revealed through Jesus Christ as One Whose glory is realized in man's ransom, redemption, healing, and restoration (Rom 5:2). The greatest picture of this is symbolically accomplished in a threefold communion service (John 13).
Shall He not give us all things- pardon, peace, purity, and power, all His promises?
Christ had and has perfect faith. Lord increase mine to that of Yours.
Christ had and has perfect vision. Help me to have eyes to see.
Christ had and has perfect hearing. Let me have ears to hear.
Christ had and has perfect love. Let me love as He loves me.
Christ had and has perfect comprehension. Give me the mind of Christ.
Christ worships in spirit and truth. Let me present my body as an acceptable sacrifice.

Christ was always doing and is doing the will of His Father. Let me prove your acceptable and perfect will.
And at last we shall see Him as He is with new eyes, new hearts, and new minds from where we started (1 John 3:2). Sanctified, and finished and the glory goes to God Who is able.

No comments:

Post a Comment