Translate

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

CREATED – FORMED – MADE

CREATED – FORMED – MADE

“Everyone who is called by My name, And whom I have created for My glory, Whom I have formed, even whom I have made." Isa. 43:7
THE PURPOSE OF LIFE


Man is created, formed, and made for the glory of God.
The reason for my existence - To display God's glory - His finished product. Rom. 11:26; Isa. 43:7; Prov. 16:4; Eph. 1:12; Eph. 2:7; Eph. 3:10.
The reason for my life and my purpose - Found in God. Jer. 29:11
Man is a creation of God. In this one brief verse three words are employed to describe that creation. Whereas I am not going to detain you at any length, for detailed examination of them, suggestive as such examination would be, I cannot wholly pass them over. "I have created... I have formed... I have made."
The first word "I have created." It is an all-inclusive word, which indicates actual causing to be, by the God of omnipotent power and wisdom. (PAST)
The second word "formed," is a word which indicates a process. It is a word which is perpetually used of the potter at his work at the wheel. By manipulation of things already existing, a new thing is made to be. (PRESENT)
The third word, "made," is a word which indicates the outlook on the result. I have made. I have accomplished. I have finished. (FUTURE)
<that are made> Greek poema. There are two poems in the N.T. These is a Greek word which translates to "workmanship." (Rom 1:20; Eph 2:10). "Twas great to call a world from naught; twas greater to redeem." The greatest poem ever wrote is 1st creation, but greater still is the 2nd of redemption.
Man in all his complex nature is a thought of God, a work of God, a poem of God, a work of art.
Humanity is the creation of God, the crowning creation, the last fact in the wonderful process of creative power.
Christ said, "To this end have I been born, and to this end am I come into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth." (John 18:37) It was a great declaration of conscious individuality, potentiality, responsibility. Every man can say the same in some measure. The trouble is we do not all find out for what we were born and for what purpose we came into the world. In the great economy of God, in the wondrous, matchless marvel of His government it is true of every human being, "whom I have created for My glory."
 Man is created first for the knowledge of God (Gen. 3:8). Man is created secondly for communion with God (Isa. 54:13; Jer. 31:34; John 6:45). Man is created thirdly for action with God. Man is created finally for revelation of God (Eph. 2:7; 3:10). All this seen in Genesis in the beginning as God interacted with Adam and Eve.
Christ the perfect picture of the image and likeness. He worked with both the Spirit and the Father and continues to this day in this endeavor to take us to the point where we are perfect as His heavenly Father is perfect (Matt 5:48). Presented with blame to His Father so we might rule and reign with Him in an eternal Kingdom on this earth this itself has been renewed (Jude 24).

No comments:

Post a Comment