Translate

Friday, April 24, 2015

JUDGMENT - ITS PURPOSE AND NATURE

PURPOSE AND NATURE OF JUDGMENT



  • We should Distinguish between Temporal and Final Judgments
Acts 7:7 - cf. Isa. 26:9 Temporal
"And the nation to whom they shall be in bondage will I judge, said God: and after that shall they come forth, and serve me in this place."
"With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness."
Heb. 6:2 - cf. John 12:48 Final and eternal judgment
"Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment."
"He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day."
  • The purpose of Final Judgment:
Negatively: not to determine the character of the judged.
Positively: to reveal their works, and reward them accordingly.
 
  • The Three Elements Involved in such Judgment
1. The Revelation of the facts.
2. The Pronouncement of the judgment. (Evaluation of deeds ends the pronounce­ment.)
3. The Execution of the Award or Sentence.

No comments:

Post a Comment