Translate

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

EVERY SEVEN YEARS

EVERY SEVEN YEARS

"It is appointed unto men once to die." Heb. 9:27



We are all reconstructed on the physical side every seven years. The essential personality is not reconstructed, but maintains its individuality through all the processes of reconstruction. I am the man I was seven years ago, and yet there is not a particle of this tabernacle, through the medium of which I speak to you in this article, that would have been here had I been here seven years ago. Waste of tissue and breakdown of the physical is a constant process of remaking. This is one of the issues from the curse and the Second Law of Thermodynamics. The mental in man gains breadth and strength and beauty as years pass on. The man who has run out the allotted three score years and ten, or for whom God has lengthened the lease a few years, mentally and spiritually is greater than he has ever been before, but the reconstruction of the physical is not quite so perfect as it used to be, the elasticity is missing, the vision is becoming dim, the new made temple is not quite so fibrous and tough as the old one. Why? I wait for scientific answer, but I wait in vain. No man without revelation has ever been able to tell me why the physical ceases at maturity to reconstruct itself with ever-increasing strength. I will tell you why. Death is the wage of sin. Science will admit that death comes by the breaking of certain laws. Science will use some other word than the word "sin."

No comments:

Post a Comment