Translate

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

THE PRAYER OF FAITH

THE PRAYER OF FAITH

And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up….” James 5:15


Last night my wife and I went to a prayer meeting called for the purpose of calling on God for a number of people in the room with a variance of issues all caused by sin. God’s original creation did not suppose such meetings for sin had not yet entered. Sin caused the curse, suffering, disease, etc. Those issues had surfaced in several in this room, myself included. Cancer has entered my body and in 4 different regions. It is an aggressive version of prostate cancer and has affected 3 other parts so far. I have selected the best in my area of the country for medical expertise and have 3 different insurance coverages. I am about to go to a major cancer hospital to on go this journey. Anointing with oil is God’s method of dealing with this (James 5:14-15) and I have called for the elders of the church for their prayers of faith. I was not at ease with their handling of that service that God gave them to perform.
But here is my hope and that is in the Teacher that taught these men for their ministries as well as myself to call on them. The prayer meeting called last night was another answer that had greater satisfaction. For there was One Who promised me that when two or more are gathered in His name, He will attend. He listened to all the prayers offered and there was One more that was offered and that was by the One who has perfect faith, the prayer of faith that will make whole and is always answered by His Father Who is also my Father. My prayer was that I will have grace, mercy, and peace to walk the pathway towards the answer to His prayer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment