Translate

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

TRUE FREEDOM


TRUE FREEDOM FOR THE WILL

“I can do all things in Him that strengtheneth me.” Phil. 4:13

“To me who would do good evil is present.” Rom. 7:21  That is the language of the man who has never yet known perfectly the power of Christ. But the language of the man, that same man under the dominion of Christ, is this, “I can do all things in Him that strengtheneth me.” Phil. 4:13  I will the good, and do the evil, until I have surrendered myself to the Lord Christ. But when I have surrendered to Him, I will the good, and do it. Thus my will is free, for action follows its choice. Imperfect still, at the close of every day I hasten back to the cleft Rock, to the shelter of the blood redemption; and yet all the way it is possible, in this life, in the power of the present Christ, not to sin willfully.

But again: Holiness is not freedom from mistakes in judgment; but it is freedom from the need to exercise judgment alone. Master and Lord active from John 13:13. Luke 1:74-75. “To grant us that we, being delivered from the hand of our enemies, Might serve Him without fear, In holiness and righteousness before Him all our days.” Satan being the foremost and my following his lead through my flesh with its accumulated desires.

No comments:

Post a Comment