Translate

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

DYNAMIC OFFERED TO THYATIRA

The Dynamic Offered to the Church
This is an Incentive to do Better, to Overcome
"And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:" "And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father." "And I will give him the morning star."

 
The Encouragement to Overcome and Keep
"And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end..."

Overcoming and keeping are held out as principles of action and conduct. This does not mean that there might not be falls along the way. But it does mean that the general trend is upward in victory, and it does mean that the keeping marks a passion on the part of the believer.

For such people in this church and during this period the Lord promises a reward.

The Reward That is Promised to the Overcomer
"to him will I give power over the nations:" "And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father." "And I will give him the morning star."

 
Power Over the Nations
"to him will I give power over the nations:" "And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father."

This is what nations and men have sought. This was the ambition of the Roman church and other religions. But this will truly be given to the overcoming believer.

This authority over the nations is precisely like that the Father bestowed upon Christ (Psa. 2:7; cf. Rev. 12:5). Since it was the possession of Christ, he can delegate the authority to whom he wills. This he will do to the believer.
"I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee."
"And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne."

This will consist in shepherding the nations: leading them, controlling them, feeding them, exercising authority over them that is absolute.

This will be quite a reversal of the state of affairs that exists today.

When necessary, the believer will be able to use power granted by the Lord to enforce His authority. When not obeyed He can dash them to pieces as does a potter the clay.

The Morning Star
"And I will give him the morning star."

This is usually thought to be Christ (Rev. 22:16; 2 Pet. 1:19). Some think that this refers to the dawning of the period of reformation in the days of Luther. But it more than likely refers to the coming of Christ and the ushering in of the millennium. The morning star will announce at the rapture the near approach of the millennium when the Son of righteousness will rise with healing in his wings.
"I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star."
"We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:"

There are others who make this the first resur­rection, still others the putting of Lucifer under the feet of the saints.

No comments:

Post a Comment